Expansion of non-dynamic NTFS partitions can be accomplished by using the Microsoft Utility called DiskPart.exe. DiskPart allows examination of disks, volumes, and partitions. Cloning of disk and also expansion on existing partitions.
CAUTION! Use at your own risk – Disk corruption can occur if an application is using the partition while expansion is in progress.
- Launch a command window Start -> Run
- type in diskpart, you will be placed at a DISKPART> prompt
- list disk to view all visible disks
- select disk <number>
- select volume <number> Note you cannot expand a volume if the volume does not have extra unused space.
- extend volume <number> size=<number in MBs>
- exit exits the program…