Windows task bar balloons are a constant annoyance for me. Today I finally took the time to hunt down the correct registry tweaks to permanently disable them.
To disable balloon tips in the notification area, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the following subkey:
- Right-click the right side pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips.
- Double-click EnableBalloonTips, and then give it a value of 0.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Log off Windows, and then log back on.