I’ve run into my first issue with moving my contacts from my existing Blackberry 8810 to my new iPhone 3Gs. Based on my research the easiest way to sync my contacts is to sync them with Outlook then sync the iPhone with Outlook. The initial sync using Blackberry Desktop Manager fails with “Synchronization Warning”: “Because the application is configured for wireless synchronization, synchronization is currently unavailable”. Getting around this issue is quite simple and easy.
- Unlock blackberry
- Launch Address Book Application
- Launch the options menu by hitting the blackberry button to the left of the track ball
- Scroll down and select options
- Scroll and select Desktop
- Select Wireless Synchronization and toggle it to No
- Press the escape button found to the right of the track ball and select Save.
- Relaunch Blackberry Desktop Manager and perform the synchronization.
- Follow the above steps to place your device back in the proper state (Wireless Synchronization = Yes).
Synchronization Data Flow
Blackberry Manager Synchronization -> Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook -> iPhone (via iTunes)
Sync with iPhone (Outlook -> iPhone)
- Launch iTunes
- Connect iPhone
- Click iPhone and select the info tab
- Place a check mark in the Sync with: Outlook option.
- Click Apply in the lower right corner
- Uncheck the sync with Outlook option and click apply.
Wait for synchronization to finish.
Blackberry Desktop Manager Address Book Outlook Sync instructions can be found here: